Some might say that losing weight is a big challenge. Well, if you have to cut 3 500 calories from you menu just to lose a pound, you might find it almost near impossible to do without 35 000 calories to shed 10 pounds. And, you might also be asking how you’re gonna do that in just 10 days! Yes, you read that right – 10 days! Such a short time you might think, but 10 pounds isn’t that difficult to lose if you have the mindset to do so.
When you are about to put yourself in this goal, then you must know that it is not only your diet that should be changed. You will have to change your whole lifestyle so that it fits your new goal in life. Exercising and proper diet is very important when it comes to shedding the pounds as well as self-discipline.
So here are some tips you must consider so that you can successfully accomplish your goal if you are wondering how to lose 10 pounds in a week.
- Visit your physician – getting into a weight loss program is not like jumping on a train. You have to check with your family doctor first to see if you can handle to lose that much weight in that span of time. You have to discuss the strategies you will take on losing weight so that your doctor will know and he can tell you if that is okay or not.
- Less salt, less weight – Cut down on your salt consumption. Water is retained by salt in the body and if you have large salt quantities, then more water is retained thus adding weight. Find alternative seasonings instead such as lemon juice when you are preparing your food to use less salt.
- Take a multi-vitamin – when you are about to lose weight, you will be eating less so you have to take vitamin supplements. If you are female, a multi-vitamin with iron would be a good choice. You have to rebalance your system and replenish the important vitamins and minerals that your body needs.
- Wash them out with water – exercising means using up a lot of your reserves. Drink plenty of water to wash out the bad things in your body. You will also be sweating more and you have to replace the fluid that is lost. If you have already cut down on the salt, it is easier for you to sweat. Bottled water is good, but if you can find filtered water, you can lessen your expenses.
- Stay away from caffeine – drinking alcohol as well as softdrinks and sodas should also be cut down when you are losing weight. Not only will you be enjoying the health benefits of herbal teas, you also reduce your expenses. Herbal teas contain antioxidants that will help you in flushing out your body’s wastes.
- Be wise with your diet – it is time for you to rethink about your foods. If you are used to eating a lot of meat then you will have to replace that with fruits and vegetables instead. Reduce your meat consumption as well as fat and carbohydrate intake. These foods are very contributory to weight gain so be careful. You can eat fish and lean meat as well as brown rice and potatoes but you better stay away from fried chicken and cheese. You can spread out the calories during the day but don’t skip breakfast. Instead eat frequently and in small amounts. Calories can be hidden in the form of non-dairy creamer so you have to be careful.
- Try detox treatments – there are several treatments you can try so that you help your body circulation. Take out the toxins in your body by undergoing detox therapies such as a a mud wrap, an Epsom salt bath, or a massage. This induces your circulation and helps flush away toxins. You can also go for psyllium powder to help with your digestion. It will help in clearing your digestive tract and keep things moving.
- Look closely, but not too closely – monitor your progress but don’t get obsessed on losing so much weight. Remember this is only a short time you are aiming for so your body may have a different way of coping. You may lose a few pounds that expected but at least that’s already an improvement.
- Reward yourself – if you have observed that you are sticking to your plan, it is time for you to give yourself some little rewards such as a small piece of chocolate or a small serving of your favorite dessert. Keep yourself on track by motivating yourself with small rewards such as these. It is important that you do not lose your focus so that you accomplish what you want.